Friday, December 18, 2009

Unique Gift Ideas - Clever Holiday Gifts

I confess: sometimes, I give gift cards. There's nothing wrong with gift cards, they are extremely useful, and I enjoy shopping around to find what I actually want! But gift cards get boring, and I'm always on the lookout for clever gift ideas. It's not just about Holiday gifts either, there's always birthday gifts, valentines day gifts, father's day, mother's day, etc.

So enjoy this list of my favorite unique gifts!

1. The Amazon Kindle

The Kindle is a bit pricey, at $260.00, but without a doubt, it is worth it! Special electronic ink means the display is as easy to read as a book, and the device has global wireless, which means you can get books without driving to the store or hours of searching.

Personally, I love reading my Kindle, and I definitely read a lot more now than I did before! If you know someone that owns a kindle, you can also buy kindle gift cards so they can get more books on their reader. Check out amazon.com for more info. 

2. Give an Adventure!

An adventure is a truly unique gift that no one will expect. This clever gift will literally make your loved one gasp with excitement. I know, because I gave my Mom and Dad a romantic cruise for their birthdays!  

Check out GreatAmericanDays.com for a full list of exciting gift possibilities. Some of the adventures get expensive, but this is a clever gift your loved ones won't forget! 

3. Photos On Canvas

 Yes, this might sound like shameless self-promotion! But in all honesty, photos on canvas make great gifts. Our customers have told us time and time again how great their photo on canvas gift was. 

Canvas photos are unique gifts because they are a transformation of a personal, highly meaningful photo into high quality art. Not only do canvas photos bring personality and memories to walls, they are also great decorations! 

4. Give a little piece of America

I've always wanted to own land, but will never be able to afford it. Well, with this unique gift idea you don't have to! With OwnAPieceOfAmerica, you can purchase a small (very, very small) piece of land for a loved one. Then, you can present a very official looking deed, showing that they own land in whatever state you choose. 

My brother is now a land owner in Hawaii, and he proudly displays his deed to impress his friends. This is a very special gift idea, and it is very affordable, too! 

5. Roku 

The Roku is a small little box that hooks into your television set. This fun gift idea is perfect for those loved ones that have Netflix accounts. A magical little box, this technological marvel streams media from Netflix right to your T.V., instantly. 

Not only is this clever gift extremely useful, it's also very affordable, with the cheapest model starting at just $80. I'm getting one for my parents this Christmas, and I can't way to see it in action! 


No comments:

Post a Comment